Thursday, April 15, 2010

Never Say Never

I said I wouldn't do it. I don't have the time nor do I want to take the risk. But, here I am--writing on my own blog! I've read many a post on other friends' pages--they are moving, entertaining, heart-wrenching, and eye-rolling at times; but nonetheless, thoughts and feelings, out of the deep recesses of the heart. They make us who we are: writers.

This has been a long time coming for me. I still consider myself somewhat guarded and reserved, when it comes to sharing my thoughts. I've learned, through experience, that when you 'spill your guts' to the masses, there will be some vultures circling around, waiting to eat you alive. As graphic as that may sound, it is true! While I can't control what others may say or do, I will try to use my words to bring something positive to the table. During those times when may I slip up and write something questionable, I ask for your understanding and a little grace.

It is humbling to even think about having followers, on a blog. And it is a little scary, as well. But I've decided that the risk is worth it. I'll put myself out there and see what happens. Thanks for listening, albeit silently, taking every word in. I appreciate it very much!